The Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji (CAAF) is the national aviation regulatory authority. CAAF is responsible for the oversight of aviation safety and security on behalf of the Government of Fiji as part of the States’ responsibility to the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
VACANCY NO 19/2023 AIR NAVIGATION SERVICES INSPECTOR – CNS
A rewarding opportunity exists for a qualified and experienced individual to join the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji (CAAF) as the Air Navigation Services Inspector – Communications, Navigation & Surveillance (CNS).
The role is responsible for the safety oversight of Aeronautical Maintenance Organisations responsible for the provision of Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) systems that support Air Navigation Services and
support to the Personnel Licensing Office in the licensing of CNS personnel in compliance with ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and Fiji Legislation and Standards. The role is also responsible for the effective implementation of the critical elements of the State’ Safety Oversight System and relevant safety practices and procedures to ensure a high level of industry safety.
This role reports to the Senior ANS Inspector and will be responsible for fulfilling the following critical outcomes:
• Effective delivery of ANS – CNS safety oversight functions ensured
• Robust audit, risk and compliance services ensured
• Well informed Management and Stakeholders
• Effective contribution and support to the Ground Safety Department
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Organisation’s image and value standards demonstrated and promoted
The person we seek must have a Degree in Electronics Engineering or a CNS related field. A technical qualification such as an ANS Aeronautical Facility Technicians (AFT) Licence issued by an ICAO Contracting States with a
minimum of three (3) navigational aid/ATM system ratings may be accepted in lieu of the first-level university degree. The applicant must possess the following:
• Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in the area of aeronautical telecommunications services supporting communications, navigation and surveillance services.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of established principles, practices and procedures relevant to CNS and personnel Licensing including ICAO Annex 1, 10, 13 and 19 SARPs and associate guidance material.
• Sound understanding of the requirements to support the safety oversight of CNS services and CNS personnel licensing.
• Familiar with the licensing process for issue/renewal of AFT Licenses/Ratings.
• Aviation Safety Management System (SMS) Training; good knowledge of SMS, including experience in the conduct of risk assessments and compilation of safety cases. Experience in the development/implementation of SMS including preparation of SMS manuals will be considered an added advantage.
• Experience as an ANS-CNS Inspector or aviation auditor (ANS) in a civil aviation administration with experience in the development of CNS rules and regulations would be an advantage.
How to Apply: Application must be submitted to [email protected] with your cover letter addressing the critical outcomes of the role and CV which must include details of at least 2 recent professional referees. Further details about the role description, outcomes and minimum work/knowledge requirements can be accessed by visiting www.caaf.org.fj
For more information, contact: Roselin Dass [email protected] | (+679) 8923155
Closing Date: 27th September 2023
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Related Jobs (10)
SENIOR OFFICER STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE (AIR SAFETY) on September 20, 2023 Full Time
SENIOR OFFICER STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE (GROUND SAFETY) on September 20, 2023 Full Time