Carpenters Motors, a division of Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited and a recognized leader in the Motoring Industry in Fiji, is seeking applications from interested candidates for the Administrative Officer/ Cashier position to be based in Nadi. If you believe you are ready to join our dynamic team we want to hear from you!
- Prepare banking, balance it with manual and online receipts after float has been taken out
- Get accounts personnel to verify the banking before the money is sent for banking
- Always keep a copy of the daily banking
- Lock the money bag properly and send it to accounts department
- Prepare daily receipt summary report and attach the stamped banking copy before sending it to accounts department
- Daily record all invoices received for payment in a spreadsheet
- Stamp all the invoices as Paid after the payment is received
- Maintain a clean and orderly payments areas
- Greet customers when they approach for payment
- Count money, give change and issue receipt, either manual or online for funds received
- All payments done by cheque shall be authorized by the Department Manager
- Before reimbursing petty cash, check if receipt is attached and it’s authorized by the supervisor or the department head.
- Those petty cash with no receipt, inform the recipient to get it approved by the Accountants or the FC.
- Maintain sufficient amounts of change in casher drawer
- Run online (interim and final) and eptos report at the end of the day
- Lock the money properly in the till and hand it over to the Accountant to lock it in the safe.
- Close your office properly and lock all the stationery in the drawer (specially the paid stamp)
- Prepare two separate banking, one for the current and one for the previous month until debtors closing
- Prepare special banking when requested
- Receipt and keep back dating cash & cheque separately from the current day cash & cheques
- Get the account number from the credit department for payments to the debtor account where account number is not there or clear
- Prepare separate daily receipt summary report for the two banking and attach the stamped banking copy before sending it to accounts department
- Batch the petty cash requisition and send it to the accounts department to be reimbursed
- At least form 6 level of education or equivalent.
- Previous experience in cashier and or administrative role.
- 1-3 years motor industry related experience.
- Good communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to follow instruction and give attention to details.
Interested candidates can apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on this platform.
Candidates can also email their application, with a cover letter addressing the position requirements and detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Administrative Officer/ Cashier – Carpenters Motors”. Application closes Friday 20th May, 2022.