The appointee will be directly responsible for the provision of timely secretarial and administrative services required by the Discipline of Marine studies. In respect, the appointee will be the main formal point of contact for the Discipline, and therefore serves as the coordination point that links the Discipline with other sections of the University, stakeholders and the general public. The appointee is also expected to assist staff to effectively undertake the delivery of courses and research activities; liaise with national, regional and external organizations, preparation of LPO’S and quotations; handle confidential matters; record minutes of meetings; attend to enquiries from students, staff and memebers of the public; provide administrative support for training workshops and conferences; filing and record keeping and any other duties as may be required or delegated by the Head of School.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A recognized Diploma in Secretarial or any relevant administrative or human resources management qualifications
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position
- Excellent effective communication and interpersonal.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure
- A team player and ability to work as part of the team in a dynamic multicultural environment
- Good understanding & experiences of USP Policies
- Must be a Fiji National.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to work under pressure, and a positive attitude to teamwork with good interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Marine Studies Programs and courses
Enquiries and further information: Professor Surendra Prasad, Head of School, School of Agriculture, Geography, Environment, Ocean and Natural Sciences; ph: (679) 3232416; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of 1 year and may be renewed by mutual agreement, subject to successful performance outcome
- FJ $ 18,233 to FJ $ 24,354 per annum
The closing date for applications is:12 March 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.