Looking for a Change?
Join CARE International in PNG and be part of an organisation that serves the needs of Papua New Guineans living in remote PNG.
Admin & Logistic Officer- (Pom Based)
CARE International in PNG is seeking to recruit an Admin & Logistics Officer Port Moresby Based. CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in disadvantaged communities.
The Admin & Logistic Officer is responsible to ensure that the CARE Admin and Logistics functions in the Port Moresby office are efficient and adheres to CARE and donor policies. Responsibilities include driving. The Admin and Logistics Officer is responsible to ensure compliance with the COLAM (Country Office Logistics and Admin Manual), COFM (Country Office Finance Manual), donor procurement and asset rules and CIPNG relevant local policies. This position reports to the HR and Compliance Manager and has no direct reports. This position is based in Port Moresby, with possible travel required to other sites.
- Minimum technical diploma and/or vocational training in Business Administration, Logistics or other related fields and/or minimum 3 years relevant work experience in administration activities, preferably with an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) and/or private company;
- Minimum Class 1 drivers licence with 3 years driving experience;
- Be very familiar with Port Moresby;
- Ability to negotiate; resolve conflicts; problem solve; make informed decisions and have sound judgment;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes and ensure the implementation of basic standard transactions;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability to manage and acquit a cash advance;
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, problem solving and team building skills;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure and to organise and manage workload to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated characteristics in honesty, reliability, trustworthiness with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to contributes to group objectives and work effectively in a group setting;
- Fluent communication skills in Pidgin and intermediate oral and written English; and
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word and numeric skills with advanced Excel.
For more information, request a copy of the full Position Description and Terms & Conditions via the below details or phone:
532 2740 or mobile 7196 8447
To be considered for these roles please address the selection criteria in a letter of application also clearly state what location you are applying for and include a Resume (CV) with 3 referees and supporting documents via email: [email protected] or mail to:
P.O Box 1157, Goroka, 441 Eastern Highlands Province.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 12 April 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
CARE PNG is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply.
CARE PNG is committed to safeguarding children and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
CARE PNG does not tolerate gender-based violence and is committed to ensuring that Women, Men, Girls and Boys live a LIFE FREE FROM VIOLENCE
CARE PNG supports the call for everyone to get vaccinated against
Related Jobs (4)
SHIPPING DOCUMENTATION – OFFICER (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
REEFER TECHNICIAN (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Heavy Mobile Plant Technician (West) on May 22, 2023 Full Time
Pilot Positions in Air Niugini on May 2, 2023 Full Time