VACANCY – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER
CPL Group is seeking applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the position of Accounts Receivable Officer. Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, the Accounts Receivable Officer is responsible for ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & qualification:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Proven working experience as Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Manager or accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics and or Business Management (fresh graduates are welcomed to apply).
- Have experience within Retail industry or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Pronto system.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Monday, March 20, 2023