This role with report to Manager Accounts Payable Overall responsible for the end-to-end Accounts Payable process which includes the accurate and timely processing and payment of invoices, ensure that Accounts Payable deadlines for monthly and annual deliverables are met, performing reconciliations, providing supervision and guidance to the Accounts Payable team and provide support to Manager Accounts Payable.
- Processing payment runs for suppliers by cheque/EFT or bank transfer and ability to deal with invoices and payments in multi currencies.
- Processing of petty cash payments and recording of same, preparation and checking of creditor reconciliations and provide assistance with creditor maintenance or set up of new vendors
- Involvement with monthly inter-company settlements and manage inbound and outbound payment related enquiries
- Preparation of monthly GL reconciliations of AP accounts and assist with month end and year-end closing on AP accounts.
- Manage correspondence with vendors and internal stakeholders on payments, outstanding credits and other finance-related inquiries.
- Providing supervision and guidance to the Accounts Payable team. Oversee the staff in completing the activities in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Accountable for the continuous improvement of the Accounts Payable function and assist the Manager with the overall day-to-day AP operational activities of the team.
- Perform Ad hoc accounting and reporting tasks assigned by the Manager Accounts Payable
Academic qualifications, Experience & Skills required for this role:
- Diploma’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related discipline with minimum of 4 years working experience.
- Experience in working in a finance function, processing invoices in a high volume transactions environment and have leadership or supervisory experience.
- Experience in working with Great Plains is an advantage and proficient with Microsoft Suite Office especially MS Excel.