South Sea Cruises Group (SSCG) is Fiji’s most experienced and award-winning cruise operator offering a range of award-winning products and services throughout the stunning Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands. South Sea Cruises operates a modern fleet of fast catamarans, an overnight cruise ship, a modern sailing catamaran, several speed boats, and tender boats as well as Fiji’s two most popular day trip islands
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Officer to be positioned at our Port Denarau base. You will be tasked with assisting the Senior Accounts Payable Officer in maintaining the accounts’ payable function. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounts Payable Officer and Accountant.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete local and international invoicing by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices on a weekly basis. This process involves working closely with the Purchasing Manager and other department heads.
- Reconcile billings from day trippers’ resorts to the reservations systems and agreed contracted rates and complete posting of invoices in the general ledger.
- Schedule and prepare payment run based on company payment terms and submit to GFC for approval.
- Ensuring the correct general ledger codes are used for posting invoices.
- Perform monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Following up with suppliers on invoices not received (missing) and ensuring credit is received for invoices where applicable.
- Complete posting of payments on a weekly basis.
- Support the month end process by providing supporting documentation for month-end journals.
- Maintenance of proper filing.
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Accounts Payable Officer.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- The applicant must have a Diploma in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution with at least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Competent in using Microsoft excel for data analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with colleagues and the department heads
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
If you believe you have the attributes and qualification as listed for the above position and a desire to work for Fiji’s leading marine tourism operator, then please apply in writing detailing why you’re the best person for either of the above roles along with your current CV and send via email to; email@example.com or by mail with the Attention to: Vacant Position-Accounts Payable Officer , South Sea Cruises Group PO Box PD052, Denarau.