VACANCY – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER
CPL Group is seeking applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the position of Accounts Payable Officer. Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for processing of payments and financial transactions to suppliers and obtaining goods and services from suppliers promptly, liaising with finance officers and suppliers concerning stock management, financial records and accounts.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & qualification:
- Check accuracy of invoices & process invoices.
- Input and code invoices to cost centre.
- Match invoices with purchase orders (if applicable).
- Send invoices to direct Manager or Supervisor for payment approval.
- Schedule pay runs based on standard company payment terms.
- First point of contact with Debtors chasing payment of invoices (SWAP PAYMENTS)
- Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process.
- Following up statements from Suppliers.
- Assist Month end invoice postings (Expenses -Power, Water, Telephone, Etc).
- Update and maintain vendor database in timely manner.
- Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and more.
- Support the month end process by providing supporting documents for month end journals.
- Report on aged payables and other ad hoc reporting where applicable.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and mange financial records.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to build good relationship with vendors and suppliers.
- Solid understanding of basic accounts payable process.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics and or Business Management (fresh graduates are welcomed to apply).
- Have experience within Retail industry or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Pronto system.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Monday, March 20, 2023
Related Jobs (22)
Casual Events Crew on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Chef de Partie/Line Cook on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor | Houseman on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Agent on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment – Likuliku Lagoon resort on March 29, 2023 Full Time