The position is based at Nadi and reports to the Financial Controller with regular liaison with Tourism Fiji’s global regional team.
Key Responsibilities include :
- Processing of accounts receivable functions for the Head Office and Tourism Fiji’s regional offices in Australia, New Zealand, USA, United Kingdom, Europe, China, and other representative offices in Asia.
- Liaison and follow up with tourism industry partners, suppliers and customers both locally and overseas reconciling customer receivables and creditors balances.
- Daily review of cash receipts and allocate payments against specific transactions.
- Research and resolve customer and vendor discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of other members of the Finance team.
- Reconcile accounts receivables on a periodic basis.
- Assist in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
Qualifications, Experience and Essential Attributes:
- The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University with at least 2 years proven experience in a similar field.
- Proven experience in working for a global operations environment will be an advantage
- Competent in using the Microsoft Navision, MS Excel and Word
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers and tourism stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deal with debtor queries and outstanding accounts in an efficient manner.
- Good knowledge of VAT and other statutory taxation of Fiji and of Tourism Fiji’s overseas key markets.
- Knowledge of foreign taxation laws and experience in audit would be an added advantage.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Confidential applications should be emailed to [email protected] quoting “Accounts Officer Receivables” in the subject title.
Please submit an updated resume, cover letter containing details of three references; outlining your proven experience of how you meet the criteria stated above with salary expectation addressed to the :
Human Resources Manager
Tourism Fiji, PO Box 9217, Nadi Airport, Fiji
Phone (679) 672 2433
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Monday, 18th December, 2023 and interviews will be conducted shortly thereafter. Only those who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Vinaka Vakalevu.
Tourism Fiji is committed to fostering a safe workplace, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and providing an environment where individuals can be themselves.