Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited is seeking to hire an experienced who is a committed professional to fill in the role of Accounts Officer, Properties Division. This role is based in Port Moresby, NCD.
Outline of duties:
- Assist to maintain the Accounts Receivable Ledger
- Prepares monthly invoices in a timely manner for all tenants (all Units at EDL & EML) including electricity charges.
- Maintains the Accounts Payable ledger as required.
- Analyse and reconcile debtors accounts on a weekly basis and reports to Management on any variances or A/R risk issues.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Daily banking
- Ensure accounting records are correctly maintained and accurate (debtors’ details)
- Ensure timely payments for debtors are processed.
- Ongoing liaison with management and staff to ensure accuracy of accounts duties are completed.
- Attend to Fixed Assets request and End of Month Fixed Asset Registers & Tax FAR Reconciliation including Depreciation Run per Monthly Schedules.
- Liaise with IRC re Lease Agreement stamp duties, calculations, payments & collections.
- Assist the Finance Supervisor to prepare other finance tasks as required including, but not limited to Month End and Year End reports.
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Preparing bills, invoices, and bank deposit
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Understand expense accounts and cost centres then apply to its appropriate fucntions.
- Understand and comply with accounts payable processes (sales tax, etc.)
- Prepare bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted and posted correctly.
- Other duties as directed by the Finance Supervisor or Finance & Admin Manager, Properties.
- At least 3 or more years in an accounting role or setting.
- Well versed with statutory laws (taxation, GST, other), accounting standards
- Demonstrable management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills, time management skills
- Excellent (written and verbal) communications skills.
- Microsoft applications, usage of accounting software, database proficiency
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline.
If you think you have the qualities including the required skillset, we would like to hear from you.
All applications must provide the following:
- A cover letter.
- A current CV with current head & shoulders clear photograph and names of three (3) contactable referees.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Head of People & Culture
Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited
P O Box 1787
Port Moresby, 121
National Capital District
Applications close on Tuesday 19th September 2023 at 5pm.