Your day to day
As a Senior Human Resources Officer, you’ll make sure our employees are enabled and empowered through HR programmes in our hotel. You will drive HR and initiatives such as hiring, benefits, employee relations and training programmes, to ensure compliance for hotel team members. You’ll also promote a positive team culture while ensuring our colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
- Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all employees. Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey
- Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity and enhance performance
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees
- Ensure hotel or company hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed
- Build great relations with outside contacts
- Assist in Human Resources department budget and expense control
- Monitor staffing to manage costs
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a unique experience
- Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community
- Ensure compliance with ERP, policies and procedures
- Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes. Escalate serious issues to HR Manager/ GM for necessary action.
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- This is the Senior HR role in a luxury and lifestyle hotel with extensive facilities and services. Typically guides and supervise HR colleagues.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who know how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high level of service excellence to Grand Pacific Hotel’s valued guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- 2 – 3years’ related experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some college courses in Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages may be preferred.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Medical cover & Term Life Cover
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]