COMO Laucala Island is an award-winning private resort island, catering to the most discerning traveller. The resort offers an unparalleled level of luxury and privacy to our international clientele.
COMO Laucala Island now offers the following career opportunities to qualifying professionals.
The Accounts Executive is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all invoices received for payment and to undertake the payment of all creditors in a timely manner. The focus of the role is to efficiently manage all activities associated with the payment cycle whilst providing a quality and efficient services to vendors.
The incumbent will be required to manage their priorities and task scheduling with minimal direction.
They will be required to liaise with internal and external clients to ensure that a corporate approach is adopted towards the continuous improvement of the payment processes for the company.
This is a role that requires a self-motivated person with knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Timely and accurate processing of all invoices and expense claims ensuring that there are no overdue accounts attracting late fees and interest penalties.
- Coordinate and control payment of Resort creditors via EFT and Cheques.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of supplier statements with sage Accpac ledger balances.
- Ensure integrity of data is maintained so that financials and reporting information is timely and accurate.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the monthly preparation and timely submission of tax returns (VAT, ECAL, Provisional Tax. FBT).
- Ensure compliance with relevant VAT and other legislative requirements.
- Always ensure compliance with all relevant Resorts policies.
- Assist in the monitoring and review of relevant policies and procedures in terms of Accounts Payable.
- Perform other accounts reconciliation as required.
- Ensure that filing and records management is intact.
- Develop & maintain a good relationship with clients to improve the productivity and efficiency of processes within Accounts Payable.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Finance Manager.
Education, Experience and Personal Attributes
- + 2 years relevant financial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting software (Sage Accpac would be an added advantage).
- Knowledge and understanding of General Accounting procedures.
- Practical knowledge of the requirements of the VAT/WHT/Provisional tax and other legislative requirements of Fiji Laws
- Proficient in use of MS office package.
- Able to be flexible & to embrace change.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Valid driving license.
- Clean criminal record.
How to apply
- An application letter stating the position you are applying for
- A detailed and updated CV
- All certificates relevant to the role
- Copy of valid driving license
Send the above 4 documents to [email protected] no later than 5 pm, 31st August 2022.
Note that it is a requirement of COMO Laucala Island, that all team members complete a full course of the COVID-19 vaccination, along with the boosters.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 31st August 2022