We are looking for a dedicated and focused – Accounts Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Finance Head and Company Secretary who will be based at Dabea Rd, Valelevu.
The Accounts Assistant plays a vital role in the financial operations of the Superstore. They are responsible for performing various accounting and bookkeeping tasks, ensuring accurate financial records, and supporting the finance department in day-to-day activities. The Accounts Assistant will handle financial transactions, maintain financial documents, reconcile accounts, and provide assistance in financial reporting.
• Process vendor invoices and ensure accurate coding and authorization.
• Verify and reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
• Prepare and process payments to vendors in a timely manner.
• Maintain proper filing and record-keeping of accounts payable documents.
• Generate and send customer invoices promptly.
• Follow up on outstanding payments and resolve any payment-related issues.
• Maintain accurate records of customer accounts and transactions.
• Prepare and reconcile customer statements and aging reports.
General Ledger Maintenance:
• Assist in maintaining the general ledger by recording journal entries.
• Reconcile bank statements and other balance sheet accounts.
• Assist in month-end and year-end closing procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
• Compile and analyze financial data to support management reporting.
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting activities.
Data Entry and Record-Keeping:
• Accurately enter financial transactions into the accounting system.
• Maintain organized and up-to-date financial records and documentation.
• Assist in maintaining the chart of accounts and other accounting records.
Compliance and Internal Controls:
• Assist in ensuring compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and relevant regulations.
• Support internal and external audits by providing requested documentation and information.
• Contribute to the implementation and improvement of internal control processes.
Support to Finance Team:
• Collaborate with other members of the finance team to achieve department goals.
• Provide assistance in ad-hoc financial analysis and projects.
• Continuously enhance knowledge of accounting principles and stay updated with industry trends and regulations.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Certificate / Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
• Proven experience in accounting or bookkeeping roles.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
• Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management abilities.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
• Knowledge of relevant accounting regulations and compliance standards is a plus.
The Accounts Assistant position at Superstore offers an opportunity to contribute to the financial operations of a growing organization. The role requires accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to handle confidential information. The ideal candidate will be proactive, diligent, and possess a strong work ethic to ensure the smooth functioning of the finance department. An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with his/her knowledge, skills and experience.
How to apply
If you are seeking a solid start to career progression, then please submit your application to [email protected]
login to the MyJobsFiji website and apply on the Digital Superstore page with
- Updated resume with 3 referees
- A copy of your academic record.
For more details, please call on (+679) 3391522 and ask to talk to the HR team.
Applications close on the 13 July 2023 at 11:59 PM (FJ Time)