Ref No: WW1029
The appointee will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Samoa Campus’ Finance Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the organisational performance of the Finance Office, its accounting systems and processes and for maintaining financial control over related operations. The incumbent will ensure the sound management of the finances of the campus at an operational level and have day-to-day responsibility for the budgetary control and management systems. The job will involve the supervision of all finance staff at Samoa Campus and will be required to work with Central Finance, and local and overseas vendors. The incumbent will also provide expertise and support to various areas including senior management on overall campus matters and assist in the development of systems and related changes as they occur, ensure campus transactions are accurately recorded and that reporting is done in a timely manner.
The appointee will ensure and maintain compliance with relevant legislation and University policies and procedures and meet all key financial University deadlines and requirements in terms of planning and reporting. Under the supervision of the Campus Director, the appointee will be required to manage the Samoa Campus Finance Department.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
• Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications in Accounting or relevant field and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position with large multi-user and in a large and complex environment; OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/ or education/ training;
• Experience in multitasking and working within strict deadlines;
• Good level of IT literacy, familiarity with database, MS Word and MS Excel, and other accounting software (computerized General Ledger environment) including Banner;
• Strong understanding of complex accounting and budget frameworks;
• Strong time management and planning skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Proven ability to lead and work with others in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, collaboratively and ethically, across multiple organizational units;
• Must possess established conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking skills including the ability to identify emerging issues, expertise to resolve complex issues and manage innovative solutions to complex problems.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
• A Postgraduate Diploma or Master’s level qualification in Accounting;
• Work experience in a higher education environment;
• Experience of working in the South Pacific Region;
• Membership in a professional accountancy body;
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement projects.
Enquiries and further information: Dr. Fanaafi Aiono-Le Tagaloa, Campus Director Samoa, ph: (685) 21674 – 7721674; fax: ; email: Fanaafi.Aionoletagaloa@usp.ac.fj
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: WST 75,363 to WST 92,511 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
How to Apply
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Closing date for applications 15 May 2022