This position is based in Port Moresby, and reports to the Finance Manager of BSP Life PNG Limited. The incumbent is required to support the Finance Manager with the monthly/Quarterly and Annual Financial Reporting requirements including preparation of management reports, compliance reporting to the Central bank and the development of policies and procedures.
- Preparation of periodic reports including monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and group reports for management and Board reporting.
- Complete all monthly General Ledger reconciliations
- Manage all payments for BSP Life PNG either through the Group Finance Team or through Internet Banking.
- Prepare quarterly and annual returns and any other disclosures to Bank of Papua New Guinea
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life’s Fixed Assets Register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported
- Manage the reinsurance payment process
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly rolling forecast
- Preparing tax returns
- Assist in preparing half year and annual financial statements for BSP Life PNG Limited and assist with reviews by External Auditors
- Assist in preparing policies and procedures for the company where applicable
- Manage the company’s chart of accounts and Sun Systems Accounting system
- Prepare Insurance Agents payroll on a bi- monthly basis for Life Insurance Sales Agents
- Assist with any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager.
Essential Qualifications, Professional/Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management.
- Full Member of CPA or working towards attaining CPA qualification
- Certificate in Life Insurance is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably in a Life Insurance Business.
- Sound knowledge of industry and legislative/compliance requirements
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Target oriented with ability to perform well under deadlines and high-pressure situations
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform the role? Send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management via email address: [email protected]
Please contact us on _People&[email protected] should you require additional information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
*Original post on https://www.bsplife.com.pg/accountant-life-insurance/
Applications close on Thursday, 5th January, 2023.