Carpenters Fiji Group which is one of the largest organizations in the private sector is seeking to recruit a result oriented and enthusiastic individual for the following role to be based in Head Office, Suva for its subsidiary Carpenters Waters (Fiji) Pte Ltd. This is a challenging role and we require enthusiastic and hardworking individual.
- Prepare financial analysis, statements, forecasts and budgets for the division.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounting information.
- Provide support to the general manager, Group financial controller and Divisional operations team to meet financial reporting and analysis requirements.
- Prepare work in process (WIP) and be liable of the raw materials, labor and overhead cost that are incurred for products at various stages of the production process.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Prepare weekly reports such as: Manning summary report, Forecast update report & spending report when required.
- Perform regular month-end procedures and prepare monthly reports including: Inventory valuation and NRV calculation, Account payable review/accrual & Production reporting.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly internal reports as required including production and spending reports.
- Acquire and format data to prepare spreadsheets for use in creating divisional journal entries (management entries) each month.
- Perform analysis of divisional financial statement trends and provide assistance to management with questions related to their divisional financial statements.
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Degree in Accounting with experience in the finance sector will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRIs standards.
- Strong technical skills in financial, management, and cost accounting.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team spirit and a role model for the Accounts team.
- Able to work independently, positive working attitude and maintain high quality and accuracy.
- Flexible and ability to handle multiple priorities, willing to assist the team and firm at peak times.
- Good organizational and time management skills; able to deal with urgent requests and meet deadlines.
- Working experience in a global firm would be an added advantage.
Applications can be sent to:
Head of Group Human Resources
Carpenters Fiji Limited
PO Box 299
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as position applied for, no later than 31st March 2023.