Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning of the accounting and financial activities of the company in accordance with the established relevant policies and standards. This role reports to the Head of Financial Operations and will be based in Lautoka, Fiji.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports.
- Maintain the accuracy of the bank’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems.
- Identifying discrepancies in ledgers and accounts, tracking them to the source and correcting them.
- Performing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the bank.
- Assist in annual audit for the company.
- Assit in preparation of financial statements for the company.
- Provide highly responsible staff assistance to staff as and when required as part of training and development initiatives.
- Preparation of monthly reports with commentaries and ensure the reports are reviewed by Head of Financial Operations in a timely manner
- Responsible for tax filing such as VAT returns, FBT lodgments, provisional tax etc
- Review and ensure lodgment of statutory returns to FRCS and FNPF are done in a timely manner and are in regulatory compliance at all times.
- Preparing month-end journals and ensuring all journals are reviewed and posted in Oracle in a timely manner.
- Reviewing trial balance and movements from prior months and budget and providing commentaries for variances.
- Ensure month end and year end financial entries are verified and processed in a tmely Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Assist Head of Financial Operations in overseeing the functioning of accounts payable and accounts receivable duties
- Assist in preparing financial policies and procedures for all finance functions.
- Assist in ensuring internal audit and external audit recommendations are implemented.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Financial Operations
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Degree in Accounting and Financial Management
- Must have CA/CPA membership
- At least 3 years relevant experience as an Accountant or similar position
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work under minimum supervision
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work extra hours when required
- Possess strong Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting standards
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email [email protected]
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.