Airways Group (Airways Hotel & Residences) is the leading accommodation provider in Papua New Guinea for short stays and long-term residents. Welcoming people from around the world and across the many corners of Papua New Guinea, Airways Hotel & Residences is where our guests and our staffs experience the best of Papua New Guinea.
As our team continues to grow, Airways Group is looking for the best of Papua New Guinea to join us in the following position:
Position: Accountant – Airways Hotel & Residences
Reporting to the Group General Manager and Finance Director, the Accountant will oversee the financial accounting process and procedures in line with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This role is critical in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of generating periodic financial reports for management.
- Review transactions data entry from all finance sections – AP, AR, GL, Purchasing and Inventory
- Prepare account reconciliations from GL, AP, AR to Banks
- Review fixed assets, payroll, and inventory accounting.
- Assist in taxation and other external compliance requirements such as superannuation, insurance, licencing, etc..
- Assist in the preparation of financial and other management reports.
- Assist in systems and process enhancement initiatives.
- Coordinates with System’s Support on upgrades implementation and issues rectification
- Train and mentors junior accounting staff /subordinates
- Assist in the execution of the Financial Controllers’ roles/responsibilities in his absence.
- Must be a good communicator at all levels.
- Must blend in well in the hospitality environment.
- All other tasks as required by the Financial Controller.
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accountancy
- Must be a member of CPA PNG
- Must have experience in all financial areas through to Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts and Annual Statutory accounts.
- Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in staff management or supervisory.
- Well versed in Microsoft applications and ERP accounting systems
- Fully Covid-19 Vaccination.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Airways Hotel & Residences office at Jacksons Parade in 7 Mile, along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Constantinou Group of Companies,
P.O. Box 1942, Boroko, Port Moresby, NCD
Applications close on COB Friday, 07 April 2023. Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.