|Date:||27 July 2022|
|Subject:||Request for Tenders – Consultancy Services for the Development of the Pacific Sustainable Tourism Indicators Framework/Manual to Measure the Sustainability of Tourism|
You are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal for the above consultancy as per the Terms of Reference set out in Annex I
To assist with your submission, please find enclosed:
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Consultant’s Letter to SPTO Confirming Interest and Availability for the Consultancy Services
Annex III: Technical Proposal Submission Form
Annex IV: Financial Proposal Submission Form
- The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
- With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 140 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see southpacificislands.travel
- SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to develop indicators to measure the sustainability of tourism.
- The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 17th February 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
- Please click here to view the Terms of Reference.
Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as the conditions below:
- Interested consultant(s) must be registered on SPTO Jobslink
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
- Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
- Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
- Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
Any clarification questions from applicants must be submitted by email to email@example.com before 10:00 am 8th August 2022 (Fiji Time). A summary of all questions received with an associated response will be posted on the SPTO website www.southpacificislands.travel by 9th August 2022.
SPTO will select the preferred consultant on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)|
|A Postgraduate degree in Economics, Econometrics, Policy & Planning, Developmental Studies, Tourism Economics, Sustainable Tourism, Pacific Policing, Public Management or a relevant field of study.|
|Criteria 2:||Technical Experience in Sustainable Tourism Indicator
|More than 15 years of progressive work experience in tourism related policy, framework and statistics development at either national or regional level.|
|Strong understanding of economic, environmental, social and cultural variables impacting sustainable tourism development in the Pacific, across Small Island Developing States and the global tourism sector.|
|Professional experience in the design and implementation of Sustainable Tourism Indicators or similar projects.|
|Criteria 3||General Experience in Key Areas||20|
|Experience in working with government institutions particularly the National Tourism Organization on policy related matters in the Pacific Islands.|
|Experience working with key UN Agencies such as UNWTO, UNESCAP, UNDP, CROP agencies, the private sector and NGOs.|
|Criteria 4||Relevance of Approach/Methodology to assignment||30|
|Provide a clear and well thought-out Methodology for meeting the requirements of the Scope of Services and specific deliverables expected throughout the assignment.|
|Sound and practical approach that allows for the inclusive engagement of stakeholders noting the remote delivery of outputs and diversity of issues and competing stakeholder interests|
|Relevance of value adding approaches in recommending the structure of the Framework, including the development of the Implementation Plan, Communication Plan & Risk Mitigation Plan.|
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4:00pm (Fiji Time) 12th August 2022.
- Late submissions will be NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: ‘TENDER NO. 22/006: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PACIFIC SUSTAINABLE TOURISM INDICATORS FRAMEWORK/MANUAL TO MEASURE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF TOURISM to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all tenders and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Related Jobs (2)
Vehicle Mechanic (Mechanical, Panel Works, Spray Painting) on August 3, 2022 Full Time